The Iced Tea Maker is Fantastic, but Their Sweet Tea Recipe is a Flop. Follow My Recipes for Perfect Tea!

Introduction: A Life-Changing Iced Tea Maker


Why didn't I buy this iced tea maker years ago? I absolutely love it and can't imagine returning to the old-fashioned method of brewing a big pot of tea on the stove. I purchased this during a week when my whole family was down with the early flu of the season, and we were drinking liquids by the gallon to stay hydrated. After we finished off the two pitchers of iced tea in the fridge, I went without tea for a couple of days because I didn't have the energy—with a 102-degree fever—to make a big pot of tea the old-fashioned way. I figured there had to be a quicker, easier method, so I did some online research and ordered this Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker. It's the best thing since sliced bread!



However, the recipe they provide for sweet iced tea is a disaster! Don't bother with it. After my first two failed batches of sweet tea, I scoured the Internet for customer recipes. Here are two of my perfected favorites, guaranteed to satisfy.


SUPER SWEET SOUTHERN ICED TEA


I grew up in North Carolina, where super sweet Southern Iced Tea is served in every restaurant and nearly every home. It's too sweet for my taste, but I accidentally made some while trying my Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker for the first time. Here's how to make it:


1. Fill the pitcher to the 3 Qt water line. Remove the basket. Pour water into the reservoir. Replace the basket.
2. Put 3 Luzianne Family Size tea bags (fluffed) in the basket. Close the basket.
3. Fill the pitcher to the 3 Qt water line again.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar to the pitcher.
5. Put the lid on the pitcher (open part facing the machine). Slide the pitcher into the tea maker.
6. Plug in and turn on.
7. 5 minutes after the Tea Maker's brew light goes out, remove the lid and stir until the sugar dissolves.
8. Fill the pitcher with handfuls of ice until it is full. Stir to melt the ice.
9. Let the pitcher sit on the counter for another 5 minutes or so until the ice melts.
10. Then put the pitcher in the fridge for cold iced tea that is ready to drink immediately.

LIGHTLY SWEETENED ITALIAN-AMERICAN MINTED ICED TEA WITH LEMON


My Italian grandmother, born and raised in New York City, always grew a pot of mint during the summer for her favorite summer drink—Lightly Sweetened Italian-American Minted Iced Tea with Lemon. It's the best iced tea in the world! My mother and I learned to make it and continued the tradition of making this tea all summer from a potted mint plant in the backyard. During college, I grew a massive mint plant in an Organic Gardening course. Twenty years later, I still have that pot of mint and use it for my iced tea. Now that my mother and I live in Florida, the mint plant grows year-round, which means we get to enjoy this delicious iced tea year-round!


1. Fill the pitcher to the 3 Qt water line. Remove the basket. Pour water into the reservoir. Replace the basket.
2. Snip a generous handful of fresh mint, lightly crush it with your hands, and place it in the basket.
3. On top of the mint, add 3 Luzianne Family Size tea bags (fluffed) in the basket. Close the basket.
4. Fill the pitcher to the 3 Qt water line again.
5. Add 1 cup of sugar to the pitcher.
6. Add 1 Tbsp. lemon juice to the pitcher.
7. Put the lid on the pitcher (open part facing the machine). Slide the pitcher into the tea maker.
8. Plug in and turn on.
9. 5 minutes after the Tea Maker's brew light goes out, remove the lid and stir until the sugar dissolves.
10. Fill the pitcher with handfuls of ice until it is full. Stir to melt the ice.
11. Let the pitcher sit on the counter for another 5 minutes or so until the ice melts.
12. Then put the pitcher in the fridge for cold iced tea that is ready to drink immediately.


Conclusion: Perfect Iced Tea Every Time


With the Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker, making iced tea has never been easier or more delicious. Skip the provided recipe and try these tried-and-true favorites for sweet, refreshing iced tea every time. Happy brewing!

Comments