Saturday, November 26, 2011

Health Benefits of Rooibos Tea

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota

It's that time of year again and I am stocked up for the fall and winter with my thoroughly researched and tried home remedies for all kinds of sickness.

One of the top items on my list that I swear by is Rooibos tea (pronounced roy-boss). I discovered Rooibos tea a few years ago and it has worked miracles for me, in terms of my chronic sinus issues, allergies, colds, etc. Since drinking this amazing tea, I have only needed an antibiotic once in the last 2 1/2 years, which is unbelievable, as I was usually on an antibiotic 2 to 3 times per year over the fall and winter months for sinus infections and colds.

Rooibos tea is very rich in antioxidants and flavonoids. Flavonoids have anti inflammatory effects and reduce allergic responses and histamine release. For me, not having to take an over-the-counter medicine and just drinking a hot cup of naturally sweet tea to clear me up is so great. I am not myself on any over-the-counter medicine and love that I do not have to take them anymore.....knocking on wood as I type

Rooibos tea is also recommended for those suffering from stomach problems, indigestion, stomach ulcers, constipation, etc. It has antispasmodic properties that relieves stomach cramps and similar issues. It is also safe to give to infants for colic! Isn't that amazing! Any of you out there with a colicky baby will love to try this I'm sure. I was lucky enough that my babies did not have colic and only screamed because they were in a bad mood or spoiled rotten.

Rooibos tea also contains no caffeine and has soothing effects on the nervous system. It is highly recommended for those suffering with insomnia, headaches, and mild anxiety and depression.

I'm telling you, this tea is so great for just about everything. It is even great for your skin. You can actually make a Rooibos mask and apply it to your face. One mask I often use is a honey Rooibos mask. After I make a cup of Rooibos, I take equal amounts of organic raw honey (which is an antibacterial and great for your skin) and mix it with the Rooibos tea leaves and apply it to my face. I love it! It is very soothing. You can be creative and mix the Rooibos tea leaves with anything you want. You can get many different recipes by Googling Rooibos tea face masks

If Rooibos tea can keep me out of the doctors office like it has and away from antibiotics and over-the-counter medicines, I'll drink it forever. Also, I know I can always count on it for a good night of sleep, any stomach issues or anxiety I might be having, and a great face mask! Talk about versatile!

Happy tea drinking,
Heather Jablonski

No comments:

Post a Comment